Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Spectator Drama

So two of my friends are fighting. Or rather two of them are attempting to fight. One has horrific fears of confrontation (which I can understand) and has been avoiding talking with the other person except for the occasional veiled blog comment. The other, after repeated attempts to talk to the other in person (one time I was actually physically present for so the other person can't even try to pretend that no contacts have been attempted, Crystal) has taken to not so veiled bitchy remarks on his own blog. Other friends have added their own two cents and now it's a whole big blog fight with everyone because one person won't talk about it in person. Got that? It's all very convuluted.

I usually try to stay out of these kinds of things because usually everyone involved in group drama comes out of it with some kind of taint. I actually enjoy a bit or drama as long as it's not happening to me (and it usually isn't because of the aforementioned staying-out-of-it) because I think it's fascinating people-watching. In my experience the people who proclaim to hate drama the most, are usually the ones who court it the most. They usually behave in ways that are so contrary to the no-drama code that it is a delicious study in people screwing themselves.

It's time to step out of the shadows and jump into the fray, because this drama is tearing long-term friendships apart over a boyfriend. Crystal, this is not about Him or whether he makes you think you're happy. This is about you. We don't want you dissapearing inside of him, throwing away everything that is you all for someone you've only known for a couple of months. Now maybe we don't know the whole story, but that's never going to happen unless you TALK to us. Key word: talk. We don't want to lose you as a friend, but by not talking to us(specifically Eric) you are saying that our friendship is not important to you. That we are not important to you. I'm not saying this as a threat, but from what I've heard, if you don't talk to them soon, you'll lose them forever. If that's fine with you, then I hope you and Christopher are together forever because everyone else may not be there when it's over. If you don't call you'll lose friendships, if you do call you could save them. This really should be a no-brainer.

Everyone else, a little less bitchiness would not be monumentally out of line. I know it stems out of frustration because you care so much, but being mean is not the most mature way to handle problems either.

Let's grow up together people, maturity is within our grasp.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to the sidelines now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home