Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Compared to this, the Apostles had it easy

So I was doing RPL in the cult classics dvd section at work today and I think that I may have come across the most awesome movie of all time: Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter. So Jesus comes back to Earth for his second coming and finds the world overrun by bloodsucking fiends from beyond the grave, who are conveniently impervious to sunlight (I have a feeling this is just because the "auteurs" couldn't afford night shoots). So before he can get to his preaching, healing, and making entire gourmet meals from the meager contents of my refrigerator, he must kick some undead ass. Don't worry though, he doesn't have to do it alone. Oh no, he has Mexican wrestling star "El Santos" to help him. And if dealing with Biblical prophesy and killer bloodsuckers weren't enough, Jesus also has to cope with ever-changing sexual politics. The best part: it's a musical!

I'm seriously considering buying this movie.

5 Comments:

At July 7, 2004 at 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... that is just tooo funny. I have to find this movie and see it.

btw... what is RPL?

luv ya much
me

 
At July 7, 2004 at 12:56 AM, Blogger Eric said...

RPL= Recommended Pull List. It means "Crap no one buys so we're sending it back." No I'm not a Borders employee why do you ask?

We MUST buy this movie!!!

 
At July 7, 2004 at 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually after reading Court's review and the amazon one I placed a bid on e-bay... will know in two days if I get it. I just couldn't resist.
me

 
At July 7, 2004 at 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian K. here...

You might have to disavow knowledge of me after this, but I actually saw this movie ON THE BIG SCREEN at the Castro Theatre in SF in 2003... It was freakin' twisted and the whole audience loved every second of it. The songs and the Mexican wrestling were my personal favorites.

I became intrigued by it when I first saw the title and it reminded me of "Monty Python's Life of Brian". That film was originally titled "Jesus Christ: Lust for Glory" and I couldn't stop laughing when I heard that...

Anywho, fun film. I don't own it, because I didn't think anybody else could possibly be demented enough to watch it with me or acknowledge that I had it in my possession. Then again, I do own "Hell's Highway", a full two disk collection of all the gory 1950's traffic school films like "Prom of Disaster" and "Blood on the Street flows Red"...

 
At July 7, 2004 at 10:49 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Wow, my desire to see this movie grows more and more with each passing moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home